Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One of those days....

Normally I'm a pretty happy go lucky person. I like to look at the brighter side of things and hope for the best. Yes this has gotten me hurt numorous times...but let me just tell you about today and what happens when to much happens and a happy go lucky person snaps.

It all started at work. I work at a Credit Union it's not a hard job at all. However today it was just me and another co-worker here. Now I take care of all the paper work, and there is a lot when we first open up in the morning. So while I am trying to do this paper work and get these numbers entered correctly she is talking to me. But not just talking to me she is telling me that I should do things like this or like that, and of course I am trying to tune her out because I have work to get done. So then she asks if I am in a bad mood. I respond no I'm good just got all this work to do. Let me take a second here to tell you that this co worker is really sensitive so once her feelings get hurt kiss that whole day goodbye. So I'm trying very hard not to sound mean or annoyed which is exactly how I am feelings. So after a while I am tuning her out and all I'm hearing now is blah blah blah. But there is so much of it that I getting upset. So finally I look at the clock look at her and say. "I get a 30 min lunch today so I am going to go." And I did.

Now that I am in the safety of my car and away from all the blah blah blahing going on. I leave and head for home because of course that is where I left my check book. Once home I run into my honey which wasn't bad we joked around a bit and I figured that my day would be ok...look there goes that trying to see the brighter side....

I leave home with check book in hand and head to the bank. I am about to get out of my car I reach over to open my door and the entire handle breaks off. So now I am sitting there looking at the handle which is now in my hand and the hole in my door....something is not right. After a string of obsinities when my brain catches up to what happened I get out of my car and go into the bank. I get everything handled there and as I am leaving I go to put the key to my drawer at work back on and the bungie it's on snaps. The key then goes sailing through the air and lands by the door. I grab the now broken bungie turn grab my key off the floor and walk out the door.

Back at my car I am looking at the ugly hole and trying to figure out what I am going to do. Nothnig is coming to mind. So I start my car and start to pull forward out of my parking space. Let me tell you here that I have a honda accord with full exhaust run on it you can hear my car from probably about two blocks over. Also it is a stick so I can't just take off I have to easy forward which I do by lightly tapping the gas pedal which in turn reves my engine which produces lots of sound from my tail pipe. So I am making all this noise and pulling forward and someone runs to get in front of me. Apparently there is something in our hall way full of stores that we call a mall that they just had to get to right then. So I step on my break and roll down my window and yell.

"What kinda of dumbass RUNS in front of a moving car. You deserve to get hit." To which he sweetly replies.
"Bitch." All of a sudden all of the blah blah blahs and shit breaking and everything else happening today on top of all the members bullshit I had to deal with today hits me at once. And very calmly I look him dead in the face and say.
"What the fuck did you call me?" It may have been the look on my face or in my eyes, or possibly that I was in a car and he wasn't but suddenly he didn't look so mean. Still not wanting to look like the punk in the situation he said.
"Nothing yo, it ain't worth gettin in a fight with a girl." And begins to walk away. Any other person would have let it go...but me...no I have a one to many things happen today.
"Did you call me a bitch?" He turns slightly I guess not expecting the little white girl in her car to be so aggressive.
"Uh.."
"Is that what you called me?"
"Naw, you good ma, sorry." Hands raised in defeat. I look at him and then deside to leave it alone. I nod and pull out.

Now I am back at work, staring at the clock waiting for four so at least I can get out of here early. And inside I am happy that here I care about my job more then I did anywhere else that I have ever worked because I won't wild out here. To put it into perspective the last job I had I worked at Captain D's Seafood. I had a day like this and at the end of the day when I was suppose to leave an other worker told me I couldn't leave until all the trays were cleaned and stacked back up. I looked at her and at the huge pile of trays on the counter, shoved them off the counter onto the floor said, "You do the shit." And walked out. So yeah I like this job better then that one.

Hopefully today will get better when I leave...and there goes that happy go lucky side again...I wish I could shoot her...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had many many days like that! I have worked at a Credit Union before and I know how it is. When you get in these moods being there doesnt help. It gets better. I ususally go home and take a bath or shower when I have those kinds of days. The water makes me feel better. I hope you have a better day!

Kat said...

Eeeeek!! I hope the car thing works out! And kudos to you on standing up for yourself (although I was really hoping you'd hit him). :)