Saturday, January 31, 2009

Loves Price

I smiled into the mirror at the girl looking out at me. Yes, your different. I took in the straight black hair with carmel colored highlights, the hair that swept neatly over two piercing hazel eyes lined dark with eyeliner. The smile this girl wore was a knowing one, I will get what I want. I reapplied my lipgloss and looked again. Perfect.



Stepping out of the bathroom, the muffled noises from the party were now deafening. I walked slowly down the stairs my heels making as soft click click as they touched the hard wood. When I reached the bottom stair I saw the hungry look in the guys eyes around me. They were looking me up and down taking in my red heels and skin tight red dress, the tan line of leg and soft shoulders that the scoop neck exposed. I knew what they were thinking and laughed inside. Sorry boys, not for you...not tonight.



It didn't take long to find who I was looking for. Raven was in the front room. My breath caught for just a second, his hair was dark black like mine, his face flawless with a smile that would make any girl melt. He was fairly taller then me, which was fine with me, I always liked to look up into his eyes. I would have let my eyes wander farther from his face, down to what I knew to be a perfect body the body of a break dancer. All muscle, toned and skin that always looked sun kissed. However my view was disrupted by the small mousy girl he had tucked under his arm. Kristen Dove, Raven's girlfriend. The corner of my mouth twitched...she was no match for me, not now not after I...Don't even think about it! You did what you had to do now get what you came here for. My mind commanded, shaking my head slightly, I started towards their group.



Raven and Kristen stood with Bethany, Allen, Richard and Denis. All from my fourth period English class. I smiled as I stepped up to the group and noted the look of shock then delite in the boys eyes and confusion then envy in Bethany's. I purposely didn't look at Raven or Kristen.



"Natasha? Wow you look...uh...great." Allen floundered.

"What did you do to your hair?" Bethany asked, the ice in her voice near daggers. The corner of my mouth twitched.

"Oh just a little cut and color, I needed something new, I mean after all we are senior this year...its time for a change." With my last few words I cast my eyes down to the floor then slowly opened them staring into Ravens eyes. The musle in is jaw tightened. Gotcha. Kristen sensed his sudden mood change. She turned her big doe eyes at him.



"Are you alright baby?" She asked softly. I fought back a snarl. Everything about this stupid little girl was soft, her voice, her eyes, her mannerizms. She was so fake, no one is that tender and innocent. And image flashed in my mind and I relaxed slightly. Yes I forgot, I am a hunter now, and the weaker speices are the ones that get killed... The thought seems to right the situation for me. And I looked again into Ravens eyes.



"Raven," I purred, "You do look a little tense..do you need something to drink. Perhaps you should get you and your girl a drink." I offered smoothly. Kristen glanced at me, Raven simply nodded and walked towards the kitchen.



"That was a nice thought...I don't know what upset him but you gave him a good excuse to leave." Kristen said after a moment. Is that...is that thanks in her eyes? Ha ha just wait.



Raven returned with two soda cans one in each hand. Kristen smiled and started to reach for one, when Raven reached passed her and handed the drink to me. I applied my shocked face.



"Well thank you Raven. Um..where is the drink for your girl?" I looked him dead in the eyes.

"I just gave you your drink." He said quietly then moved to stand next to me. Everyone stared. Kristens eyes glistenly slightly. Tears. I bit back a smile.



"Raven are you ok honey?" She asked even softer then before, I almost didn't believe it was possible. Raven's response was to snake his arms around my waist and stand behind me. "Raven...?" It was almost as if she were pleading. I raised and eyebrow slightly.



"Well baby, I think you should tell her now..." I offered just as softly as she had spoken. He tightend his arms around me.

"Kristen its over...I've been..." He shook his head slightly faultering just a bit. No! I had lost some consentration by enjoying the way his arms felt around me. I flung my thoughts at him and he picked up with out hesitation. "I've been seeing Natasha for a long time and I need to be fair to her...and you. I want her, so it's over." A hush had fallin over the small group and a few other groups too that were watching the exchange. Yes! Kristen's face blanched, her heart thudding loudly, I know because I could hear it. She couldn't believe what was happening.

"Are you serious?" Bethany interjected. "Raven you and Kristen...well you just can't do this to her." Raven stood still with his arms still wrapped around me. "And you...you...I can't believe you would come between someones relationship. What happened to you Natasha you used to be quiet and not talk to anyone and you never looked like this...what have you done?" Bethany glared at me. I raised an eyebrow glaring back then let a slow smile spread across my lips.

"I did what I had to do." I repeated what I had told myself earlier, except now they seemed to ring true. "And I think its time we should go..." I turned to Raven and looked up into his eyes. "Will you take me home love?"

"Of course." He stared back into my eyes. Finally. I took his hand and lead him towards the front door. As my fingers closed on the handle I heard Kristen sobbing softly and Bethany trying to console her. My smile widened as I led Raven out into the night. I won. I have him this is it. We slid into his car and he backed out of the drive way. I tossed Kristen's purse and coat out of the window as he pulled away from the house. Once we were well on our way towards my house I asked him to pull over. The road was pitch black, it was beautiful. He pulled the car over and turned to look at me.

"Raven, you love me don't you?" I asked softly. I didn't need to ask I already knew what he was going to say, but it was important for him to say it before...

"Yes Natasha I love you." He broke into my thoughts.

"And you want to be with me forever?"

"Yes."

"Say it."

"Yes Natasha I want to be with you forever." I smiled as the last words crossed his lips. I leaned over towards him and tilted his head sideways. Forever... I sank my fangs into his neck. He didn't struggle the mind control was too strong. He simply let me, I leaned back and licked my lips. Your turn. I made a small cut on my wrist and put it to his mouth. He needed no other proding, the instincts taking over already. I released my mind control on him. There was no more need of it, I had what I wanted. Once he was done he I pulled my arm away.

"Take me home." I commanded softly. He pulled the car back out on the road and headed to my house. Once in my driveway I leaned over and kissed him.

"Come back when it's done." I said softly. He nodded, watched me walk towards the door then left.

Two nights later there was a faint scratching at my window. My heart was thudding. This is it. I have everything I wanted. I opened the window and Raven climbed in.

"Raven..." I was no longer the hunter, no longer this creature I had traded my life to be, no longer using any mind control, I was just a girl in love.

"Natasha." He replied his voice thick with emotion. "What did you do to me?" The question startled me.

"I made it so we could be together, forever. That is what you want isn't it?"

He smiled and walked towards me nodding.

"Yes Natasha." He pulled me into his arms hugging me tightly, then he leaned me slightly away from him to look in my eyes. I smiled at him. Suddenly pain exploded in my chest, I looked down as he pushed the stake farther into my heart.

"Yes Natasha I want to be with you forever..." He pulled me towards him in a swift rough movement impailing himself on the stake as well. No! Yes. I could hear his thoughts. You did this to me, you took away everything, and now I am going to give you what you want. You will be with me forever...just not in the way you thought. Forever Natasha, ha ha, till death do us part...Then everything went black.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this story! Very well written and captivating!