Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And the good times keep on comin...

I believe the universe has conspired against me for my actions towards that stranger a while ago. Since I lovingly told him he should be hit, my car broke down. =( I hate this.



It seems that life is trying to prove me wrong at all costs. I was excited about getting some speakers friday for my car, some nice 12 in subs just to put a little boom in the trunk. I tell my husband who immediately tells me that I shouldn't waste my money on speakers that I need a windshield. I have a crack in my winshield nothing to bad I can drive fine with it. But still I try to argue my point that I really want those speakers. He says I need to spend more on making my car look and run better before I spend money on speakers. Mumbling under my breath I leave the house get down the street and my car goes, "hmmmm clunk." And then it wont start. I coast to the turning lane and cry. I call L who comes to help me push it out of the road. All the while looking at me sideways with an "I told you so" expression on his face but says nothing.

So I have friends that fix cars and one of them came put my car on one of their friends tow trucks and says you snapped your timing belt but don't worry you get the parts and I should have it done in an hour. I'm excited, at least I won't be carless...yeah right. About five hours go by so I called the guy fixing my car and he says and I quote.

"Are you sitting down?"
"Uh..yeah..."
"Do you have some alcohol?..."
"No...."
"You might want some...."
"Whats wrong with my car?"
"Well I was fixing the timing belt and I turned you crank shaft...and it bent a valve. I'm sorry..."

So this friend says that he can fix it not to worry, he really is such a sweet and awesome guy, and that I should get my car back wed. For those of you who don't know to much about cars I'll explain this to you. When you bend a valve it messes up the whole head on your car so you have to get another one. So the head that he was going to replace mine with had a crack in it. So now he is going to go up to VA to see if he can get another head from a junk yard up there. But at the same time he has good news...he knows where I can get a better motor for about the same amount I would spend on a new head. So I am interested now, better motor thats always good. So now I am just waiting to hear how much this motor is going to cost me and if its in good condition and stuff like that. In the mean time my awesome parents are letting me push their whips until mine is fixed. Which is fine by me because, my dad has speakers in his, so I get to enjoy them for a little bit. He's totally cool letting me drop him off at work and use his car. Even now he got home from work and I was over there eating lunch because I was bringing my moms van back to her and he said I could take his car back to work. My parents really are great. =)

So keep you fingers crossed that my car will be up and running soon...hopefully with a better motor then is in it now.

~Baby Girl~

No comments: